We don’t give our teeth a lot of thought when they’re functioning correctly. But when something goes wrong with your oral health, that’s probably all you can think about. You wonder how and where you can get treatment on short notice because all you know is that you need relief and you need it now.
Dental emergencies can happen to anyone. Even if you are an oral health superstar, you can still break or chip a tooth while enjoying a crunchy treat or worse yet, have a tooth knocked out during sports.
We Are Here for Your Emergency
At the office of Andrew Cole DDS, we always allow time in our schedule for patients of record who have an emergency. We have all been there at one time or another, so we know how crucial it is for you to see us as soon as possible.
Some of the typical dental emergency treatments we provide are:
- Tooth-colored fillings to replace a damaged restoration or fill a cavity
- Dental crown repair to re-cement a lost crown back in place
- Root canals to remove the infection and provide the pain relief you need
- Extractions as a last resort when we have exhausted all other options
Critical Dental Emergencies
We don’t ever want you to hesitate to call us if you think you have an emergency. We will arrange an appointment and explain how you can help yourself until you can see us.
- A broken or chipped tooth, lost or broken filling, or a mild toothache are all emergencies that we need to treat as soon as possible, but you probably don’t have to drop everything to rush to our office.
- Some emergencies like a knocked-out tooth, however, are extremely critical because we have only hours in which we can successfully replace the tooth back in its socket. If this happens to you or your child, call us, then handle the tooth by the crown only and keep the root moist in a cup of water, milk, or saliva until you get to our office.
- Extreme pain that makes it impossible to function is another critical emergency that you can’t ignore and must be addressed immediately. This kind of intense pain is often the result of a deep cavity, infected root canal or abscess. Our priority is to get you out of pain; then we will address the source of the problem.
If your emergency involves trauma to your face or jaw, or you experience excessive bleeding, head to the emergency room or call 911.
Please Call Us with Your Dental Emergency
If you are in severe pain or have another emergency, please call the office of Andrew Cole, DDS as soon as possible. We will do our best to see you the same day to provide the relief you so desperately need.