Crowns & Bridges
Are damaged or missing teeth ruining your self-confidence?
Unhealthy teeth don’t look attractive, but it isn’t just an esthetic problem; it can be difficult to chew comfortably when your teeth hurt and depending on the damage, you may even notice that your speech patterns change.
At the office of Andrew Cole DDS, we strive to provide you with exceptional dental care. Millions of people have benefitted from dental crowns and bridges to restore damaged, broken, or missing teeth.
However, dental materials have improved dramatically in recent years so that today we can create restorations that we customize to blend in seamlessly with your smile.
High-Quality Dental Crowns
We use only the finest materials for our dental restorations:
- E-max and zirconia are the most popular because they closely resemble the appearance of dental enamel and are very strong.
- Porcelain fused to metal is also a good choice because of its strength. But the metal base can create a dark line at the gum, so they’re best used on teeth that don’t show when you smile.
- Gold is prized for its durability and is most often used to protect teeth with large fillings or in cases where patients have excessive wear patterns from tooth grinding or bite problems.
Why Dental Crowns?
A dental crown fits over a tooth like a cap. Since it surrounds the tooth, it provides exceptional strength and support in a variety of cases:
- Repair a tooth too damaged to be restored with a filling
- Strengthen a tooth that has been weakened by root canal treatment
- Restore a dental implant to provide form and function
A dental crown forms a new tooth surface, so they can also be used to correct several cosmetic imperfections:
- Alter the shape of teeth to restore balance to your smile
- Conceal gaps and uneven spaces between teeth
- Cover a tooth that is badly stained and can’t be whitened
- Create a new surface for teeth with large, dark fillings
How Dental Bridges Can Help
Losing a tooth is difficult enough, but then you have to deal with all the inconvenience and embarrassment that comes with tooth loss.
However, we offer several tooth replacement options that improve esthetics and restore proper function. Most dental bridges are comprised of an artificial tooth (pontic) supported on either side by dental crowns that attach to adjacent teeth. In some cases, Dr. Cole may recommend adding a dental implant to provide extra support and stability.
A dental bridge restores your ability to chew and speak with ease. And since the bridge fills the space, it also prevents other teeth from drifting and creating alignment problems.
Personalized, Comfortable Care
At the office of Andrew Cole DDS, our goal is to provide you with the services you need to enjoy optimal oral health. If you have a damaged or missing tooth, please call our Chehalis dental practice to arrange a consultation with Dr. Cole to discuss your needs.